Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Accountability

Training for a marathon is tough, in general... but I'm realizing it is a lot harder alone! I've been spoiled for my past two marathons to have a fun running buddy to motivate me, hold me accountable and keep me entertained on all of my runs. So, since I'm now running solo in Athens, I thought a little online accountability was in order. These hot Georgia mornings and the hills in my neighborhood seem to be conspiring against me, but hopefully, if I make a conscious effort to log on here periodically & post my workouts I'll feel more obligated to stick to a training plan.

So, I hope that the rest of you in my MCM group will do so as well... what do you think, maybe we can all post our progress weekly? Tips, guilt trips and other motivators are also welcome! I'll post a weekly reminder on Sundays.

Until then... Happy trails - and Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Wow- cool! I'll start... I just went running at 11:30 a.m. in Georgia in July. I know- it wasn't my smartest move ever, but I think it will help make the heat of the Peachtree on Saturday more bearable. This week is my "practice" training week, and the real work starts on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow I am going to run 8 miles. We decided to run tomorrow over Saturday so we can have fun on Friday night.

    So it is July and I am now going to start stretching. I cannot touch my toes. I am going to force myself to stretch every day for 10 minutes. On race day, I hope I can show you my new trick (touching the toes). This was my new year's resolution so I am hoping the marathon blog will hold me accountable to the stretching too.

    ReplyDelete