Friday, July 3, 2009

Yoga

Sara, I just read you comment about the new trick you will show us on MCM weekend. (MCM is short for Marine Corps Marathon BTW ;)). It was timely as I am sitting here resting up for the 10 mile run we have in the morning.

Back in January, I started taking a yoga class at my gym once a week. Altho there are different types of yoga, I managed to find a good class and instructor right away. She is also a runner. Bonus!

I think yoga has helped me a lot. I have learned many new stretches that I use for pre & post run stretching. So while a downward dog may sound silly, it really helps stretch the back of your legs! I highly recommend trying a class or doing a video. (My cable provider has yoga on the On-Demand channels, but I've not tried that.) Not the "hot" yoga, just a normal class, even just to learn a few new stretching moves.

Anyway, check it out. I really think it will help you (us) through those long long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment